Listen here for her whole speech.
"The Soldier fights not because he hates what's in front of him. But because he loves those and what's behind him!"....G.K. Chesterton
I believe our criteria before we send our young men and women, America’s finest, into harm’s way, I believe that our criteria should be spelled out clearly when it comes to the use of our military force. I can tell you what I believe that criteria should be. I can tell you what it should be in five points:
1. We should only commit our forces when clear and vital American interest are at stake.
2. IF we have to fight, we fight to win. We use overwhelming force, we only send in our troop into war with the objective to defeat the enemy as quickly as possible: We do not send in our military to stretch out the mission with an open-ended and ill-defined mission. NATION BUILDING is a nice idea in theory but it is not the main purpose of our Arm Forces, we use our military to win wars.
3. We must have clearly defined objectives before sending our troops in harms way: If you can't explain the mission to the American people clearly and concisely, then our Sons and Daughters should not be sent into battle. PERIOD.
4. American soldiers must NEVER be put under foreign command: We can fight side by side with our allies, but American soldiers must remain under the care and command of the American officer.
5. Sending out our Armed Forces should be our last resort: We don't go looking for dragons to slay, however we will encourage the forces of freedom around the world who are sincerely fighting for the empowerment of the individual. When it makes sense and it is appropriate, we will provide them with support to help them win their own freedom....But we can't fight every war, we can't undue every injustice around the World.
Palin: The Stronger we are the more peaceful the World will be under our example....We must vigorously defend ourselves but at the same time not wear down our arm forces with never-ending and ever increasing commitments. I believe that America though, must never retreat into isolation, the World will be less safe and less free without our leadership and we must never forget that America has a responsibility to lead "TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN MUCH IS EXPECTED".
We can not be the World's policeman, granted or a door of an ATM but we can lead by example, by our words and if necessary by our actions.....We need leaders that embodies the same standard that our men and women in uniform hold themselves...Remember, the true soldier fights for it is behind him. Behind him here is tradition, patriotism and it---it is not a need for a fundamental transformation of America but a renewal for ALL THAT IS GOOD ABOUT AMERICA