Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me

Here is a wonderfully written story from Iowan O4P volunteer Mary Kennedy, who was with me as we met Governor Palin in Pella last week for the world Premier of "The Undefeated."  ~teledude.

By Mary Kennedy

Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13-14

Awhile back I made bookmarks with that passage of scripture on them with a picture that said "Palin 2012." I thought I was just making them for a friend, not a big deal at all. A month later, I gave a bunch of them to someone else when I first met him, who loved them and has since become a good friend of mine.

It's a little thing, but I had this dream of some day being able to give one to Sarah Palin. On Tuesday when I went to the world premiere of the movie "The Undefeated" I brought some of them with me, knowing it was a long shot at best, to even be able to give one of them to her. But with God all things are possible!!

When we got to town, the first stop we made was at this bakery, a Dutch bakery that is famous for it's pastry letters. When we walked in, Sarah Palin was in the bakery with her husband Todd. It was a surprise, to say the least! I was able to visit with her for a few minutes, then I was able to give her a bookmark that I had made.

When I got back home, I then realized that God giving that heart's desire to me wasn't just about me, it was actually about her. Maybe at some point in the future, she will pick that up and it will encourage her in some little way right at a moment she needs it.

The point?? God is faithful!! He put those desires in your heart and He will bring them to pass. We are created to show His love to those around us. The desires God puts within us, ultimately have that one and only goal, to show His love!!

Dream those dreams, dreams come true!! In this picture, she is holding the bookmark that I gave her, in her hand. :)


Governor Palin in the Jaarsma Bakery holding the bookmark made by 
Mary Kennedy while speaking with Iowan Linda Rothfuss.









2 comments:

  1. The unknown fan is me-Linda Rothfuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Linda for identifying yourself! This article has been shared around the internet (even showed up on the Victory Films blog) with your picture.

    I do hope you don't mind our using it, it was a great moment in the bakery, and I will edit the piece to give you your rightful credit.

    Thanks again for supporting Governor Palin!

    ~ teledude

    ReplyDelete