Here is a brilliant article that reflects my beliefs outlined in my previous post, that this may just be the most important election in our nations history. There is much on the line, and Governor Palin is the perfect person needed for this time of peril
It is time for Sarah Palin. According to pollsters and pundits, she may not seem the obvious choice for 2012, but no "obvious" choice has been identified. So, allow me to enumerate my reasons; it will give my critics clear, concise targets to engage. Their criticism is welcomed, but it will only serve to strengthen the resolve of the grassroots who will elect Palin.
1) In his book, "The New Reagan Revolution," speaking to and about Sarah Palin (pages 84-85), Michael Reagan brings to clarity the forces opposing Sarah; the grassroots who elected his father and will also support Sarah; and what she must do to win. It looks like a plan for success.
2) In my perception, "The New Reagan Revolution" began in the ramp-up to the November 2010 elections. As yet, the revolution has no clear, singular leader. Perhaps more than any other individual, Sarah Palin has the Reagan-like qualities and presentation of her message to be that leader.
3) The Tea Party, with tireless support and efforts by Sarah, made the difference in November. If not for those hard won gains, America would have lost all hope of surviving the onslaught of the socialistic policies, unprecedented spending and debt creation of the Obama regime. Those bold and angry, grassroots Americans who are the Tea Party brought focus to the urgency of our problems. We also owe Sarah our gratitude; while contributing to the cause, she proved she could inspire and lead.
4) The new, conservative Congress will attempt heroic measures to stem the tide of spending, but the damage that already has been done will likely add double-digit inflation to our present burdens. By 2012, the situation may be beyond critical. We will need a new leader that can inspire confidence and resolve, as Reagan did. We will need a leader to stand firm against corruption in government regardless of party affiliation. We will need that wonderful mix of a populist and a fiscal conservative who can lead and inspire while doing what needs to be done.
5) Palin critics have used much of the same rhetoric and tactics that were used against Reagan. He won by a landslide, twice. They underestimate Sarah Palin in much the same way they underestimated Reagan. She can win for all the same reasons Reagan won.
6) There is a great deal of substance to Sarah Palin that went unnoticed by the casual observer in 2008. Additionally, the liberal media did everything possible to diminish her, and still do. But, Sarah stands on solid principles and strong, traditional values; traits that America loved in Ronald Reagan, and loved in her in 2008.
7) Since 2008, Sarah Palin has bounced back with the same resilience that America will need to face the trials ahead. She has learned to disarm critics with warmth, humor, or maybe a bit of sarcasm. She can also blast them with righteous anger. She is a winner.
Letter to Sarah Palin:
Thank you, Sarah Palin, for all you have done for America. You have done more while not holding office than most with seats in government have done. It is clear: without the revolution beginning in 2010, our liberties as well as our money might all be gone by 2012.
But, as you know, Sarah, success in November has only purchased our nation a little time. The hope it engendered in the people, however, has already empowered our new leaders in Congress to take the fight to the enemy. Sure of the support of the people, they have already begun the difficult task of restoring the financial strength of America.
The handwriting is indeed on the wall: America must restore our financial strength or lose our liberty. Time is short.
Time is short. The appeal is urgent. America needs your help. We need a new leader in 2012. Let us return to the principles, values and courage that have made us great. Let us be victorious over the forces of evil that surge at our gates.
We want to remain "the home of the brave and the land of the free." But, we know our bravery is going to be tested and our liberty is in great peril. We know that without financial stability America is helpless in the nets of our enemies.
Will you help us, Sarah?
I am not a political expert. In fact, in the eyes of many of your critics, I am nobody; just a slightly right of center, average American citizen. In other words, Sarah, I am typical of the millions upon millions of citizens of America who believe in you, as you believe in us. You believe we are somebody; that is why I appeal to you.
Liberals, media, and even many Republicans underestimated and misjudged Ronald Reagan. More importantly, they misjudged the American people. They thought a moderate candidate, or even a progressive, would reel us in with more "bread and circuses." They thought that after Carter, we would want change, but not too much. A true conservative, like Reagan, was not to their liking. The people saw it differently.
We loved every word that Ronald Reagan breathed. The "experts" were wrong about him, and about us. He helped us find hope in ourselves and encouraged faith. The change he sought was a return to principles and values that would lift us out of the haze so that we could see the horizon and pilot the ship on a straight and true course.
We have considered the contrasts of the hope, change, and course set by Reagan and those of Obama; they are startling.
Sarah, the "experts" have missed the mark again. You have already helped to energize a new revolution. The situation is far more extreme, but the American people are ready to remove Obama, as we did Carter. Obama is an astute politician and a very good speaker; he was a formidable opponent in 2008. Voters allowed the media to successfully sell him. But, now we know where he really stands. He will be a one-term President.
We know that nominations are hard to win and campaigns have a tremendous financial cost. Your platform at Fox News and effective use of the Internet will help. As your positions, your ideals and your commitment become clear to a broader base, additional financial support will follow. The money seems to flow toward the emerging leader. Be that leader, Sarah.
Who will be our next President? I believe it should be Sarah Palin. I believe it can be Sarah Palin. I believe there is strong support for that result among the grassroots now, and that it will spread to a broader base soon enough.
Your love of this nation is clear. I appeal to you, Sarah, to lead. I have appealed to you with reason. I leave you with the following, believing both are true:
"The vitality of the GOP is in its roots; its grassroots." (Michael Reagan, "The New Reagan Revolution")
The vitality of the entire nation is in its grassroots people. (Yours truly)
George Rogers Clark